There’s a commonality amongst the successful women I personally know. They all start their day at the crack of dawn – to gain a leg up on the competition. Many studies in recent years have also concluded that willpower is the strongest in the morning – before exhaustion and other priorities get in the way.
Admittedly, I was never a morning person until two years ago – and when I adopted a morning ritual, I became more effective and efficient for the rest of the day. So hold off hitting that snooze button and practice some of the morning rituals for a more productive future. I guarantee you will start to see BIG results very soon.
1. Wake up two hours earlier than usual — it will motivate you more than sleeping in.
2. Give yourself time to get ready and decide on an outfit that you will feel great in.
3. Take a hot shower.
4. Do your beauty routine.
5. Exercise! Make sure to stretch well, and then get in a workout before you leave for the day.
6. Map out your day and make a plan about how you will get things done on your list.
7. You’ve heard it many times before, and I’ll say it again — eat a good hearty breakfast!
8. Start out the day doing the hardest or most dreaded thing on your list so that it’s out of the way. Your day will be easy peasy from there.
9. Get out of the bedroom and get going as soon as you wake up — don’t let yourself be tempted to jump back under the covers.
10. Try to be five minutes ahead of schedule so that if something disrupts your morning routine, it won’t make you late.
11. Meditate. While doing this, remind yourself what your goals are and how you want your day to go, and make it happen!
12. Swap tea for coffee, or avoid caffeine completely. But realistically — just wait to have that cup of coffee until about an hour after you wake up.
13. Check your voicemail and emails so that you can plan accordingly.
14. Catch up on the news so you don’t face the day entirely clueless about current events.
15. Drink at least 2 to 4 cups of water before you head to work — that little bit of H20 works wonders for your body.
17. Take your dog for a walk if you have one. Or your cat; no judgments.
18. Sit in silence for 5 minutes before heading out the door.
19. Appreciate the day!