Thighs can be such a problem area to some women. Sometimes, it seems that no matter what you do, this typical area cannot be toned or tightened. However, that is not the case.
As women, our hormones allow us to become more predisposed to storing fat around our midsection, hips, buttocks, and THIGHS! With a clean diet low in processed foods and the right exercises, you can help overcome the appearance of “thunder thighs.”
There is no way to spot reduce. I know what you are thinking. Yes, that is true. However, there are specific exercises out there to tone your entire thighs-including the inside!
Do the following exercises in a circuit. Complete all 6 exercises with a maximum of 30 seconds of rest in between – do 3 circuits 3 times a week for maximum results. Good luck.
1. Bulgarian Split Squat
- Stand lunge-length in front of a bench. Hold a dumbbell in each hand and rest the top of your left foot on the bench behind you.
- Lower your body until your rear knee nearly touches the floor and your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
2. Goblet Squat
- Hold one end of a dumbbell (or kettlebell) with both hands under your chin. Twist your feet into the floor so your toes turn out about 30 degrees.
- Squat, pushing your knees out so your elbows can move in between them. Go as low as you can without losing the arch in your lower back and come back up.
3. Stability Ball Jackknife
- Position your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor and place your shins on a stability ball. Your body should form a straight line from head to heels.
- Keeping your back flat, slowly bend your knees toward your chest. Pause, then return to start. That’s one rep.
- Bonus: This exercise also works your core hard.
4. Pistol Squat
- Standing on one leg, squat with your other leg stretched out in front of you, parallel to the floor.
- Keep squatting until your glutes are touching the back of your calf before returning to the standing position. That’s a rep!
5. Reverse Dumbbell Lunges
- Hold a pair of dumbbells at arm’s length next to your sides, your palms facing each other. Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart, and brace your core.
- Step backward with your left leg. Then lower your body into a lunge. That’s one rep. Do all your reps and then repeat on your other leg.
6. Alternating Side Lunges
- Stand with your feet about hip-width apart, holding dumbbells down at your sides.
- Take a giant step to the right, dropping your butt back (keeping your knee from extending over your toes) and pretending to place the weights on either side of your foot.
- Press back to start. Then immediately repeat the move to the left.
Have you heard of this odd “carb trick” that burns 1 lb per day?
“All this by Flavor-Pairing?” I asked.
I met an old friend for lunch last month and I was super impressed with how good she looked.
She said, “It’s not so much about the Flavor-Pairing, but more about how it re-awakens what the Japanese call, ‘the weight loss doubling molecule’ which signals 22-hour a day fat-burning effect in the female body.”
Even though I was skeptical, I’ve been struggling with my weight over the last few years, so I gave it a shot and watched the same video she did.
Well, it’s only a couple weeks later and you know what they say about how “you can’t transform your body overnight”…
They’re right – it actually took me 16 days to lose 22 pounds.
Now it’s my girlfriends asking ME what I’M doing differently 💅